Sunday, August 21, 2016

Olympic Glory

 I've never sailed the Amazon, 
      I've never reached Brazil;
 

 But the Don and Magdalena,
        They can go there when they will!
 
 Yes, weekly from Southampton
                      Great steamers, white and gold,
 
 
 Go rolling down to Rio
                    (Roll down -- roll down to Rio! ).
                      And I'd like to roll to Rio
                    Some day before I'm old!
 
 
 I've never seen a Jaguar,
        Nor yet an Armadill --
 
 
 He's dilloing in his armour,
        And I s'pose I never will,
 
Unless I go to Rio These wonders to behold --
 
                    Roll down -- roll down to Rio --
                    Roll really down to Rio!
 
 
 Oh, I'd love to roll to Rio
                    Some day before I'm old!
 
 
 The Beginning of the Armadilloes by Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment