Saturday, November 1, 2014

Getaway, Part Three

All gloriously fun things must come to an end.  At least we thought so.


Before our flight out, we made a last dash (in the cold) to see the new-ish MLK, Jr. memorial.


(The boys have learned about John Paul Jones so I had to take his picture).




It's quite impressive.


On the way back we passed the Washington Memorial on one hand and Lincoln on the other.


A quick bite to eat and it was time to pick up our bags and head to the airport.  I remarked to Doug, "I really wish we could stay longer but I'd have to have a nap." 


We got through security and waited to board.  Doug chatted with some fellow passengers.  There was an announcement that the plane was overbooked, but thankfully, plenty of people opted to wait so we were finally taxied to the plane and seated.  Then there was another request for two people to leave as there was trouble with some seatbelts.  I immediately felt it was a  sign; Doug insisted we go home.  No one else budged, and long story short, Doug finally caved.

We were put up in a hotel for another night which was just the rest we needed to face the crowd at home (Doug got ESPN and I settled in with a book).  The next morning we made one last stop at Arlington National Cemetery. 








I'm so thankful for this chance we had to getaway and
extra thankful for my mom's willingness to sit on our crew (even for an extra day!). 



And the bonus? We have travel vouchers for another *free* getaway in the next year.  Where will we go?

No comments:

Post a Comment