Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fifteen Years of Wedded Bliss

Flowers,


chocolates,

candlelight dinner
for eight!
I decided my life was full.  Joyful, rich, but full to the brim and then some.  This was not what I had pictured, when I had yearned...for home.  If I could have glimpsed it, I'm pretty sure it would have frightened me off, which is a good enough reason to be thankful for the veil of time.
The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball
At my six week check-up after Andrew was born I remember asking the midwife, "Why didn't you tell me how painful it really is?"  She replied, "It wouldn't matter; you had no context."  I've often thought that marriage is so similar.  Books and wise counsel are well and good, but it's something that has to be experienced.  No, we never quite pictured all of this as we exchanged vows on that sunny afternoon. 
This is so much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment