Thursday, April 4, 2013

A First For Me

I've read about.

My husband says he gets it a lot.

But it was a first for me.

The kids and I walked into a showroom today and a man immediately says, "You don't have TV, do you?"

Of all the idiotic things to say (and, I've heard a lot), this has to be the top.  I find it hard to believe that any human would choose the offerings of our nation's major networks over some alone time with their spouse.  But apparently, it's the norm.

"Sorry, honey, not tonight.  I have to watch The Bachelor to fulfill all my fantasies." or "No, dear, my needs are sufficiently met by watching the commercials of major sporting events."

If you follow the logic then one would assume that the natural solution for teenage pregnancy would be to simply supply each one with their own television or for OBs to simply give their patients TV Guide and say, "Have at it."

Sometimes I despair of this world in which we live.


4 comments:

  1. you don't have a TV...then what's that thing John and I watched and the thing your kids watch on sick days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I replied, "We do." but I resent the fact that such people should see TV as birth control...it's a sad reflection on their own life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What??? I can't believe someone would ask you that. Really sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy that he asked you that! But he probably meant something like he thought that you were close to Amish, since you have SO MANY kids. ;) And Amish people don't watch TV! You should have said something like, "I make all of their clothing, too, of course!" Do you really think he meant that you and your hubby choose babymaking over TV watching? Hmm. --Lisa

    ReplyDelete