Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Road Trip to Virginia: 2016

Wow!  We just returned from a week with my parents and my sister and her crew.


Planning ahead for the week, I imagined some quiet afternoons and thus brought along three or four projects which needed some planning and thinking.  HA!



One hour! 

One hour was all I got.  Even it was interrupted numerous times and my retreat out-of-doors was curtailed by loud and non-rhythmic hammering next door.  At least I had the sense to recognize there wouldn't be time to sew.



I'm not complaining, though.  The whole point of the trip was to transport the six oldest back in time to the days of the pioneers.


And while they practiced archery and tomahawk throwing, cooking over a fire, black-smithing and such, we wrangled the rest of the crew.  My childhood memories of Virginia did not included extreme heat and humidity, but there it was. 


Jonathan was king of the mountain, the lone boy in a sea of pink.
 


Evenings were wild and wooly with cousins aplenty.


 

But Andy Griffith served us up a little bit of quiet.


 
And at the end of the week we all joined in on the pioneer fun.







A week of fun memories for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment