Saturday, February 6, 2016

Tea and Cookies

Josie was invited to a sweet little tea party for a friend who was turning five, and naturally tea and cookies seemed an appropriate gift.


After experimenting with a couple of ideas (including sheer material), I used a thin muslin.  Cut using a template I created, stitched, turned inside out and stuffed with little bits of brown fabric for  tea leaves.  I then stitched it closed and added the string and tag.


For the cookies I used pieces of an old sweater and stitched pink sprinkles on top.  I layered two pieces of the sweater with a thin layer of batting and stitched it all shut.  Afterwards I decided it would have been a lot easier to do a blanket stitch around the outside than turning the circles.  Oh, well.

As I was finishing the last cookie on the morning of the party, Josie decided that wasn't good enough and she wanted a heart shaped cookie with colored buttons.  So we I whipped this out.


And she was delighted.

1 comment: