Saturday, August 1, 2015

Boy & Girl


Usually my quilting is reserved for the winter months when the temperatures keep us inside and the sun goes down earlier.  Doug and I will watch something on PBS and I can sew for an hour.

But babies know no season for being born; they come when they want.  And while the newest arrival needed something cheery, I needed to finish my backlog which included one for her big brother.

I actually had it "almost" done for a year.  It lacked only the binding, but the backing shifted during the quilting process and everything was askew.  It's not perfect, but shoot, nothing I ever do is.  Not even the one for big brother.




 I've been wanting to do a log cabin quilt for a while, and I love Peter peeking out of this square.
 

So baby sister needed something sweet and lovely, something befitting a little girl.


I chose a happy bunting with bright outlining.  But there's an extra surprise on the back.




I love the interesting patterns made by the stitching.


Now to move on to the next round of babies (not ours - no rumors, please!).

No comments:

Post a Comment