Friday, January 2, 2015

Get Your Game On

Games have always been a part of my family's life.

There was the typical Candy Land and Hi-Ho-Cherry-O.

And endless hours of watching my parents, uncles and grandparents play Trivial Pursuit, my mom always dreading the Sports slice which was her weakness.
Solid Gold Saturday Night - (1-800-634-5789) - and Scrabble went hand-in-hand.

On more than one occasion my mom hosted a Game Party for church friends, setting up different games in various rooms of the house (I clearly remember lying in a sick stupor and hearing the roaring laughter of the event while dozing on and off).
Her retirement has allowed her more time to play, not the typical Bridge,
 but a wide assortment of games. 
She's passed the excitement on to the kids who are always eager to play, especially if there are prizes.
Apples to Apples, Bingo, Pet Detectives and Story something or other were hits this trip.
My dad and I battled it out with Boggle, and I won only because I can see easy words while my father looks for things like "deist" and "gavel." 
And after the kids were abed, there was Scrabble once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment