Friday, August 15, 2014

Tell Me Why....

Product packaging designers are just out to mess with me, I've decided.

I've always felt a strong bond with Steve Martin's character in Father of the Bride as he rants about the hotdogs/hotdog buns in the store.  Why can't the numbers just match?!

While I've grown to accept the hotdog situation (seeing as half the family can/will eat the bun), the issue pops up in other areas.

Like batteries.  (Why anyone would buy battery powered toys is a whole other post.)  Why would someone design an object to need 3 AA batteries?  Do they not understand that packages of batteries come in 2 or 4 or 8? 

Or lasagna noodles.  Yes, that was my breaking point today.  Doug said, "Whatever happened to lasagna?"  Um, allergies.  But I'm delivering dinner to someone else so I doubled the recipe so that he can once again taste it.  The recipe (on the box) calls for 9 noodles.  How many in the package?  15.  Too many for one dish.  Too few for two.

I guess I'm just destined to forever have drawers with random batteries and cabinets of partly-used pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment