Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Photo Project: Day 5

I've often felt the best way to deal with house frustration is to purge.


Our house shrinks with the closing of windows and doors and the accumulation of boots and jackets makes it feel tight.  Add to that the excitement five children eagerly awaiting Christmas, and you've got one crazy mom.  So over the last couple of weeks I've been systematically moving through the house, filling bags and tossing like nobody's business. 

Fortunately, we were able open the windows and doors (the weather is unseasonably warm and not quite in keeping with the Christmas atmosphere).  And I finally decided to tackle the growing mountain of papers accumulated through the year.  I will admit that I'm not on the cutting edge of technology.  And I might just have a touch of hoarding running through my veins which would explain why I feel it is necessary to keep every. single. receipt for purchases throughout the year.  But after nearly 3 hours of sorting, filing, and hole-punching, all of the receipts/bills/statements were neatly arranged.  (I even managed to throw away some gas and restaurant receipts...whoopee!)

I think my New Year's resolution should be to go paperless.

No comments:

Post a Comment