Sunday, November 10, 2013

Perfect Popping

How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.
 
Cheap and easy;
A perfectly fun crunch;
An amazing and unmistakable aroma;
A snack that everyone in our house can eat;
And I'm able to impress the kids with my kernel-catchin' capabilities!
 
 
For years I bought the microwave variety (complete with all the unhealthy chemicals), and then I heard a friend recount a story involving her young child's friend not knowing how to pop popcorn on the stove.  I laughed appropriately and then headed home to google directions. 
 
Here's what we do:
 
Put 2-3 T. oil (I like coconut) in a 3 qt. pot along with 5 kernels; put on lid.  When all the kernels pop, add 1/3 c. kernels.  Shake until the popping slows.  Sprinkle with salt and devour. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! We do the microwave kind too. I'm sure my kids don't know you can do it any other way. We're going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete