Monday, November 18, 2013

Open

I don't know if there have been any official studies done on the effects of air-conditioning on human health, but I feel like it's another aspect of life to be practiced in moderation.


I feel like there is a cleansing effect from fresh air - it soothes the soul and blows away germs (and we sure are needing that!).  The "store-bought" air is stale and unnaturally cold.

There is usually a battle of wills here, the air-conditioning vs. non-air-conditioning camp (which I find interesting seeing as one of us grew up with it in MS and the other without in VA).  Nevertheless, come summer we wait until the very last moment to turn it on.  Heat is dealt with in the same way. 

Therefore, I am very thankful that it is mid-November, the temperatures are in the mid-70s and we can fling the doors open, enlarging the house and cheering our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment