Thursday, September 26, 2013

Snapshot: 1:27 p.m.

I've met more than one person who seems to think I have it all together.  I really doubt there are so many delusional people in my community, but I'm here to set things straight (at least concerning housekeeping).


I am not one of those who chooses cleaning over sleep.  When the baby sleeps, I sleep (or teach or shower or blog or read); I don't clean.  And sometimes I am too exhausted to do the dishes from dinner after kids have been read to and finally put in their beds for the last time.  And sometimes, I may happen to leave chicken broth cooking for multiple days.


And while I don't like to operate under such messy conditions (and I quickly reach the breaking point), it's really okay.  Sometimes I need to go to bed at 8:30.  Sometimes I have to run out the door in the morning.  Sometimes I choose mentally vegetating over doing dishes.



Just keepin' it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment