Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby Gift Backlog: Boy or Girl

These projects were actually completed ages ago (sometime during the winter) but got buried under mountains of stuff during our remodeling.   I pulled them out a few weeks ago, wrapped them nicely, and delivered them to some special friends.

 

 This one has been waiting patiently for baby Patrick who just arrived this very afternoon!


My mother once delivered a baby blanket to our neighbor on her 10th birthday.   I used to think it quite funny, though like many other things, hindsight plus motherhood gives one a whole new outlook on things.  I'm sure there were other things to occupy my mother's time.

Well, in this case the birthday girl is just one (and some!).  I like to say that it took so long because I hand-stitched all those little stars (as if!), but in fact, it was an upcycled Pottery Barn bumper pad I found at the local "boutique."


I originally gave the latter quilt to said baby's grandmother who immediately remarked, "You have no sense!"  and when I relayed this conversation to my mother, she replied, "Did you tell her your husband says so too?"  I don't deny it, but it is so much fun to craft for a baby and I love to have something crafty to work on.  I've got a couple of other baby-related projects in the works, but we'll see how the time goes (it's going too fast for me!). 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love both of those. I don't see how in the world you have time to do that!

    ReplyDelete