Monday, May 20, 2013

Crunch Time

Never have I waited so long to start on a baby quilt, but with just over six weeks to go, I need to hustle to get it done.  Aside from losing two months of my life to home renovations, I'm having trouble with decision making.  I originally was looking for a way to incorporate at least one fabric from each of the other kids' quilts, both in tribute to all these baby-making years and as a way to use up my stash of miscellaneous prints.  The main trouble is that I just can't decide on pattern. 
I toyed for a long time with this one and cut out some banners.

Via


It's such a fun, cute design, but I'm just not sure about how it would be to actually quilt.
Next, I played around with this one and cut out some pieces, too.
[IMG_9023%255B3%255D.jpg]
Via
It's fun and playful, too, but randomness in design is not my strongpoint,
and I'm not confident I can pull it off.
Now it's back to the drawing board so to speak
(or more like back to searching Pinterest for inspiration).
I'm considering another chevron quilt like this fun one I gave away
(only using a much easier piecing method).
But I like this one.

Baby Quilt
Via

 And this one.
where can i get this?
Via
And this one.
Via
 Time's a ticking especially if I'm going to have something to fiddle with during our upcoming road trip.  Any thoughts?


3 comments:

  1. I'll vote keeping in mind that I know nothing about the actual sewing/quilting process. I like the triangle one second from the bottom and I also like the "random" one second from the top. Love the idea of using pieces from the siblings quilts to kind of wrap things up. I'm just impressed you have done one for each child. What a neat keepsake off them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one!!! I pinned that a while ago and had hopes of making it as well. Do it!!! Raw edges and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all, but the one at the top with the bundting and birdie is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete