Friday, April 12, 2013

Under Construction

Twenty-eight weeks today.
 
I was feeling a bit ambitious when I posted my 20 Things for 20 Weeks a couple of months ago.  Approximately 4 of the items have been completed so far.
 
But things are looking up. 
Item #1: Remodel the bathroom(s) is well underway.
 
Doesn't everyone want a toilet on their front porch?
There's a part of me is truly inspired by lovely images on Pinterest or the super-duper-DIYer couples with amazing blogs on house transformations (notice I wrote "me" - my husband, the voice of reason in the family, isn't interested at all).  I really would like to learn to use power tools and create with wood and build something to be proud of.
 
At the moment, however, it's all I can do to keep up with laundry, learn my kids their three Rs, and stay relatively sane.  DIY home remodeling is not really in the cards for me at this stage of life.
 
 
So I was extremely thankful when after series of I'll-call-you-next-week-contractors,
we hooked up with Randy. 
 
 
He knows about Pinterest.
He cares about details.
He has 6 kids.
 
 
He's been great with the "helpers" around and even let Stephen assist with prying off the old tile.
Matthew enjoyed playing in the new bathtub in our living room floor.
 
 
And he's uber-patient with The Supervisor (a.k.a. Josie).  When she disappears, I know right where to go.  She always climbs his ladders, inspects his tools, and is anxious to know what's happening.
 
I can't wait to share the finished results.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for reminding us about the ice cream the other day. I had grand hopes of making it out to get some but alas we never did. Hopefully we can catch up next week - this one has been so crazy!

    ReplyDelete