Monday, March 11, 2013

Make Your Own: Chocolate Syrup

There's one little boy in our house who always appears in the kitchen in the morning and says:
"I want hot chocolate and marshmallows."
Sometimes he is even cheerful and most polite.
 

Needless to say, we go through a lot of marshmallows and chocolate syrup.
 
 
Noticing we were getting rather low, I went to add it to the shopping list when I happened to turn the bottle around.  I am a bottle reader by nature (thanks to my mom who will read any written words within site) and by necessity (due to numerous food allergies).  Somehow I failed to notice the extras that we were getting.
 
 
Just wets one's appetite, doesn't it?  (what is vanillin?)  Thankfully Pinterest once again came to the rescue.  Armed with a new recipe, we just made our own (I did reduce the sugar to 1 cup).
 
 
There's no magic ingredient or need to run to the store anymore; a simple combination of sugar, cocoa, water and vanilla.  Five minutes and you're done.
 
 
And best of all, it passed the connoisseur's test.

No comments:

Post a Comment