Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks: The Little Things

Lest anyone think that I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, let me elaborate:
there are onions and there are Publix onions.
 

I've always bought onions in 3# bags.  Probably because my mom always did, but we do use that many.  I go for the cheapest - no hoity-toity organic things unless they happen to also be the cheapest.

Then I picked up a bag at Publix.  What a surprise when I opened the bag!  Small onions, even tiny onions; not one gigantic monster of an onion in the lot.  Not that there aren't times when you need lots of onion.  It just seems that I always end up with half an onion sitting on my counter for several days until I use the shriveled thing or toss it in the compost.

No waste with these babies, though.  Not too big.  Not too small.  Just right.

Yes, it's the small things in the life that make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment