Saturday, January 28, 2012

Encounters with the (not so) Rich & Famous

I've mentioned before that I have this strange habit of talking to strangers.

This weekend I stopped by one of my favorite local shops (Americans are not the only ones with cool junk - check out these great British imports).  Anyway, while chatting with the owner, I noticed a couple walk in who looked really familiar. 

Having had five children in seven years, there aren't too many brain cells functioning at full capacity these days and it took awhile to register; they appeared to be a couple whose blog I read from time to time (you know, back in the days of hours of pumping!).

But, wait, those people live in New York City.

But they did move to Atlanta recently.

And they have some relatives in Chattanooga.

I argued the matter over in my head, determined that I would in all likelihood never see the couple again, and marched right over and asked.

"Excuse me, are you Rick and Susanna?"

They looked a bit puzzled, and snatching their little ones just a wee bit closer, they responded, "Yes."

Quickly I reassured them.  "I'm really not a stalker or anything, I just recognized you from your blog."

We chatted for a few minutes, and they were very pleasant though I can only imagine the conversations they will have with their friends.

"We had a great visit with my folks this weekend except for this nutty lady who approached us in a furniture store...."

No comments:

Post a Comment