Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Busy Boy

A couple of months I played a guessing game with the boys.  I gave them clues and they had to guess the word which always started with the letter "B". 

"What is Matthew's favorite color?"  Blue!

This can be found on a construction site.  Bulldozer!

What is meat from a cow?  Beef!

This insect makes honey.  Bee!

This is what we say about Jonathan.  Bad!


Busy had been the word I was thinking about though their answer may have some bit of truth.  I keep going to back to Satan's response to Job when asked where he had been: "Roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."  And instead of looking for someone to devour, Jonathan is searching for something to destroy.

This morning our beloved Jo-Nate became disgruntled over something and crumbled his Ritz into the floor.  While I was busy vacuuming up the remains he disappeared into the bathroom and brought his toothbrush and paste to the the living room rug and proceeded to squeeze out the contents.  While I dealt with that, he went to the kitchen and pulled a half-eaten bowl of yogurt off the counter, splattering the white goo onto the floor and cabinets. He pulled a chair from the far side of our kitchen table around and into the kitchen where he used it as a stepping stool to reach the microwave and the heights of our counters and cabinets to pilfer some more.  When he was shooed away from that, he (unknowingly to me) went back to the bathroom and unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet.  While I donned on rubber gloves to scoop the wet mess from the commode, he dumped a box of Cheerios into the floor.
All in a matter of 30 minutes.

It was at that point that I locked him in his room for the rest of the day that I just had to laugh.

But, oh, the reasons to be thankful.  

1.  The good Lord made this boy so cute: soft curls, delightful dimples, chubby hands and feet and an infectious smile (and it's a good thing). 

2. There's no need to schedule a daily workout; I only need to follow him around during the morning and I'm sure to burn plenty of calories. 

3. He usually takes a nap and I love to sneak a peek at this boy of mine: the one who both infuriates and delights; this energizer-bunny-of a kid who keeps going and going and going, always with a smile and a laugh.


What a kid!

1 comment:

  1. Burl was in a "destroy it" mode this morning as I was trying to get out the door because I was almost out of diapers for Fern. By destroy it-I mean, dump out all his toys. Sounds like nothing compared to your 30 minutes.

    LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete