Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Pie Feast That Wasn't

Disappointment reigns.

The house has been struck with nasty cold germs this week so we were selfish in trying to keep it all to ourselves today.  No fun science experiments, and even worse (for me, at least), no pie.

That is, until 4 pm this afternoon when I decided that we "needed" to have pie to round out our chicken noodle soup.  And of course baking for the Hamill home necessitates making more than one of a dessert in order to accommodate all tastes and allergy-requirements.

So I must eat my words and fess up to not serving a Foolproof Pie Crust, but only because Pumpkin Pie would have taken too long plus we were out of apples and lemons and coconut which eliminated a host of other options.  Instead we had a Frozen Chocolate Pie and a Raspberry Cheesecake Pie

Doug tasted both, Andrew preferred the first, I preferred the latter, and Stephen just liked the graham cracker crust (I can't say that I blame him and will proudly admit to sampling it before baking).

No comments:

Post a Comment